Health Education Section Capacity Strengthening Initiative
This fact sheet explains the capacity strengthening initiative of the Moyo ndi Mpamba campaign. In this initiative, SSDI-Communication conducted a capacity mapping and assessment exercise to identify capacity gaps and needs. Based on this assessment, SSDI-Communication carried out a comprehensive series of capacity strengthening activities in partnership with the Health Education Section (HES).
SSDI-Communication supported the HES in the development of two national policy documents to support strategic and coordinated health promotion and SBCC: The Health Promotion Policy (launched in 2014), and the National Health Communication Strategy (launched in 2016). These two documents articulate and clarify HES guidance on health promotion and health-focused SBCC in Malawi.
- 23 HES staff trained in Leadership in Strategic Health Communication
- HES conference facilities, physical resource center, and recording studio refurbished
- Online hub for health promotion in Malawi launched and maintained by HES
- Health Promotion Policy created and launched
- Inaugural National Health Communication Strategy launched