Health Communication Component, Pakistan - Project Documentaries
This page provides a series of documentaries produced as part of the Pakistan Health Communication Component project, 2014-2018.
The documentaries include:
- Bright Lives - demonstrates the efforts and impact of USAID-funded Health Communication Component (HCC).
- 'Sammi' - narrates the entire story of the USAID-funded Health Communication Component (HCC)'s entertainment-education drama 'Sammi' in a visually appealing manner. The narrative is told in the words of the lead cast, director and the technical lead. The English-language short documentary also covers development, delivery and impact of the drama serial ‘Sammi’.
- Pakistan’s First Urban Family Planning Project - provides an introduction to ‘Sukh Initiative’ a family planning project (2013 - 2018) implemented in Karachi and highlights its key interventions to building a holistic health eco-system aimed at increasing modern contraceptive use by 15 percentage points.
- Headline -speaks to the larger media community in Pakistan, and more specifically to media managers, senior journalists, and editors, to build their knowledge on population and family planning issues and also highlight reasons why this remains an underreported subject.
- Call to Life - based on the intervention that engaged Muslim scholars across Pakistan for promoting mother and child health. It gives a detailed insight into the entire activity. It comprises brief statements by Muslim scholars, representing different Islamic sects, on the issue of mother and child health and success of the intervention.
- Mohabbatein (Love Story) - focusing on factors leading to poor maternal health. It presents compelling information in a dramatic way, linking the timeless love story of the Mughal Emperor Shahjahan, who lost his wife Mumtaz Mahal while she delivered her 14th child, and issues of maternal and newborn health in Pakistan today.
More Pakistan country page resources
- Entertainment-Education Curriculum
- Training Toolkit on MSM Programming for the MENA Region
- FGM Infographics
- HTSP Project Briefs: Niger, Togo
- Developing Behavior Change Communications for Population, Health and Environment Projects: A Facilitator’s Guide
- Integrating Population, Health, and Environment Projects: A Programming Manual
- Healthy People, Healthy Ecosystems: A Manual on Integrating Health and Family Planning into Conservation Projects
- Open WHO
- 12 Components Monitoring & Evaluation System Assessment
- Making Content Meaningful: A Guide to Adapting Existing Global Health Content for Different Audiences