The mHealth Planning Guide: Key Considerations for Integrating Mobile Technology into Health Programs
This guide is found in the online portal, managed by K4Health, which links users with a broad range of global information resources and tools for planning, implementing, monitoring, and scaling up mHealth programs in low- and middle-income countries.
It helps individuals and organizations appropriately plan for mHealth deployments. Specifically, the Guide does the following:
- Provides a thorough orientation to the mHealth planning process for anyone looking to learn more about integrating mobile technology into health programs in low- and middle-income countries.
- Outlines key considerations and resources for planning an mHealth intervention, from concept development and technology design to preparation for implementation.
- Helps you build a strong foundation for your mHealth activity, laying out the many facets of program planning that the mHealth pioneers wish they had known when they were starting out.
This Guide is intended primarily for global health technical experts, program managers, and staff working to implement mHealth solutions in low-resource settings. The Guide is also useful for donors—see the table below for suggested approaches for different users.
- The mHealth Planning Guide: Key Considerations for Integrating Mobile Technology into Health Programs
- Promoting Quality Malaria Medicines Through SBCC: An Implementation Kit
- A Practical Guide for Engaging with Mobile Network Operators in mHealth for RMNCH
- Participation Guide: Involving Those Directly Affected in Health and Development Communication Programs
- Making Content Meaningful: A Guide to Adapting Existing Global Health Content for Different Audiences
April 17, 2015