Beyond the Brochure: Alternative Approaches to Effective Health Communication
The guidebook addresses issues that commonly arise when public health programs seek to reach low-literate and oral-culture populations. Two central questions, whether and how to adapt existing materials or create new ones, are discussed in detail. Two other matters — getting to know the audience, and involving audience members in every facet of program planning — are also discussed. The final section provides some guidance for pretesting newly adapted or created materials.
- Guidance for the Prevention of Sexually Transmitted HIV Infections
- A Field Guide to Designing a Health Communication Strategy
- The mHealth Planning Guide: Key Considerations for Integrating Mobile Technology into Health Programs
- Planning Social Mobilization and Communication for Dengue Fever Prevention and control
- Participatory Action Research for the Development of a National Avian Communication Strategy: A Field Guide
March 10, 2015