Health Communication Component, Pakistan - Soap Operas and Films
This page provides a series of soap operas and films produced as part of the Pakistan Health Communication Component project, 2014-2018.
- Mujhay Jeenay Dou - A 22 episode drama serial “Mujhay Jeenay Dou” co produced by Center with Angelic Films is on the multiple social ills of our society primarily focusing on the issue of child marriage. It’s a story of Saira and her challenging life journey from an eight-year-old child to an adult in an environment dominated by taboos and social barriers.
- Sammi - full-length film based on the art and strategy of entertainment-education highlighting the issues of women empowerment, maternal health, son preference, girls’ education and patriarchy existing in our society.
- Angoori - 14 episode TV program addressing the vast unmet need for family planning in Pakistan
- Bol - produced under the PAIMAN project in Pakistan, and aimed at policy makers, the film is about gender equity, family planning and maternal health
- Paiman - 13-episode drama series originally aired on Pakistan Television (PTV-Home) in 2008 under the USAID-funded Pakistan Initiative for Mothers and Newborns. Each episode of the drama series is based on real-life issues of mothers and newborns in Pakistan derived from primary research
More Pakistan country page resources
- Entertainment-Education Curriculum
- Soap Operas for Social Change to Prevent HIV/AIDS [Guide]
- Zika and Pregnancy: Questions and Answers
- Healthy Timing and Spacing of Pregnancy Fact Sheet
- Helping Health Workers Learn
- Family Planning Discussion Topics for Voluntary Counseling and Testing
- African Transformation Toolkit
- 12 Components Monitoring & Evaluation System Strengthening Tool
- 12 Components Monitoring & Evaluation System Assessment
- Straight to the Point [Management Tool Series]