Experimental Evaluation of MTV Shuga: Changing Social Norms and Behaviors with Entertainment Education
This study provides experimental evidence that the MTV Shuga series improved knowledge and attitudes of viewers, as well as increased HIV testing and reduced risky sexual behaviors of Nigerian youth. The show substantially reduced new infections of Chlamydia, a common sexually transmitted infection in the study population.
The preliminary results of MTV Shuga offer an encouraging message on the potential to use entertainment education as a development tool.
- Guidance for the Prevention of Sexually Transmitted HIV Infections
- Optimizing Entry Into and Retention in HIV Care and ART Adherence for PLWHA
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- SBCC for Malaria in Pregnancy: Strategy Development Guidance
- The REPLACE Approach: Supporting Communities to End FGM