SBCC Capacity Assessment Tools
The SBCC-CAT assists organizations, donors and networks, and individuals to assess the quality of their SBCC programs and identify the strengths and weaknesses of current programs in five areas: 1) situation analysis, 2) strategy development, 3) materials development, 4) implementation, and 5) monitoring and evaluation. It also helps organizations define activities that strengthen staff capacity, refocus programs, and improve the overall quality of their SBCC efforts. The SBCC-CAT can be used as a measurement tool to allow an organization, network, or individual to measure competency and capacity in SBCC over time.
These assessment tools are available:
Capacity Assessment Tool for Organizations - http://www.thehealthcompass.org/sbcc-tools/social-and-behavior-change-ca...
Capacity Assessment Tool for Donors and Networks - http://www.thehealthcompass.org/sbcc-tools/social-and-behavior-change-ca...
Capacity Assessment Tool for Individuals - http://www.thehealthcompass.org/sbcc-tools/social-and-behavior-change-ca...
The tool was for use with NGOs, donors, and individuals. Together with a facilitator, organizations can determine their competencies in five areas:
1. SBCC Situation Analysis
2. SBCC Strategy Development
3. SBCC Materials Development
4. SBCC Implementation
5. SBCC M&E
Separate PDFs of the tools are available for each audience.
More SBCC Capacity Assessment Tools resources
- A Field Guide to Designing a Health Communication Strategy
- Making Content Meaningful: A Guide to Adapting Existing Global Health Content for Different Audiences
- Social and Behavior Change Capacity Assessment Tool for Individuals [Facilitator's Guide and Assessment Tool]
- Social and Behavior Change Capacity Assessment Tool for Use with Organizations
- Social and Behavior Change Capacity Assessment Tool for Donors and Networks
April 11, 2016