PROGRES_SBCC Tool - Sample
This is acompleted sample of the PROGRES_SBCC Tool for users to refer to - it shows how the tool can be used.
The PROGRES_SBCC tool is designed for use with the PROGRES_SBCC tool User's Guide.
Program for Organizational Growth, Resilience and Sustainability for Social and Behavior Change Communication Organizations (PROGRES_SBCC) is a participatory organizational assessment process that helps civil society organizations (CSOs) and government institutions identify areas requiring support to foster sustainability and resilience. PROGRES_SBCC can also be adapted for use by organizations working in areas outside of health.
PROGRES_SBCC gathers data on an organization’s capacity along a broad range of performance parameters. It then formulates these into 12 organizational capacity domains: eight core and four optional domains. Assessment of the latter will depend on the mandate of the organization being assessed.
This tool is used to measure, monitor and evaluate changes in organizational capacity as a result of capacity strengthening interventions. PROGRES_SBCC assesses CSOs and government institutions working in health and health-related areas. The tool is designed to assess organizational capabilities to enhance performance toward achieving organizational goals.
In addition, it:
- Provides baselines of the major institutional capacity domains so that areas of relative weakness can be identified and prioritized.
- Measures an organization’s capacity before a capacity building program is implemented.
- Monitors and quantifies an organization’s capacity building efforts over time.
- Provides evidence of what works and does not work in organizational capacity building.
- Generates a score for each of the three areas of sustainability (institutional, financial and programmatic), which will be used in creating an action plan to address identified areas of weakness.
A short instructional video on the tool can be found here.
April 12, 2017