Framework for Developing an Integrated Communication Strategy for the Introduction of Oral Cholera Vaccine in Cholera Prevention and Control Programmes
This OCV Communication Framework aims to support cholera-prone and outbreak countries to develop their national and sub-national communication strategy for OCV uptake and cholera prevention, control and management. It is intended for use in both development and emergency contexts as a pre-emptive/ preparedness measure in cholera endemic countries as well as for immediate response (reactive) when an outbreak occurs.
The intended users of this resource are:
- Program managers of national immunization programs
- Members of the national and sub-national communication technical working group
- National communication and immunization officers, managers and consultants
- Partners implementing of communication, health, WASH, nutrition and education
- Communication officers from UN and other international development agencies
- Media partners
The Framework is designed to supplement traditional communication tools and guidelines for cholera prevention and control available for governments. This resource offers additional practical guides and tools for effectively planning and managing communication activities to integrate oral cholera vaccine in different settings.
- Integrated Management Strategy for Dengue Prevention and Control
- Risk Communication and Community Engagement for Zika Virus Prevention and Control
- The Importance of Social and Behavioral Change Response in the Zika Outbreak: Lessons Learned from Ebola
- Cholera Outbreak: Assessing the Outbreak Response and Improving Preparedness
- Dengue: Guidelines for Diagnosis, Treatment, Prevention and Control
June 27, 2017