How-To Guide for Social Network Diffusion Approaches to Overcome Social Obstacles to Family Planning Use
The Tékponon Jikuagou consortium prepared this guide to encourage others to adopt the package through social networks as a stand-alone initiative or as a supplement to their ongoing health and development programs in West Africa. The guide offers guidance for planning and implementing the five components of a social network diffusion package, and presents the tools, materials, guides and instructions that were developed, tested and used in Tékponon Jikuagou. Throughout, the text explain to the user what the team did and makes suggestions based on lessons learned and outcomes.
The guide is comprehensive — it contains everything needed to replicate the social networks diffusion package in the field — but it is not a rigorous set of instructions. Moreover,the guide focuses on the interface between field staff (called Facilitators) and community members: it assumes that the implementing organization has adequate management and evaluation structures in place to support this interface.
More Tékponon Jikuagou Benin resources
- How-To Guide for a Social Network Diffusion Intervention to Overcome Social Barriers to Family Planning
- Engaging Men and Boys in Gender Equality and Health Toolkit
- A Field Guide to Designing a Health Communication Strategy
- Manual on Social Norms and Change
- How to Select and Work with an Advertising Agency
- Overcoming Social Barriers to Family Planning Use: Harnessing Community Networks to Address Unmet Need
- Effects of a Social Network Diffusion Intervention on Key Family Planning Indicators- Impacts d’une Intervention de Diffusion via les Réseaux Sociaux sur les Indicateurs Clés de la Planification Familiale
- Guide to Social Network Mapping / Guide de la Cartographie des Réseaux Sociaux
- Topline Results of Rapid Assessment of Barriers to Family Planning Use
- GREAT How-to Guide