Guidance for the Use of Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) to Prevent HIV Transmission
Issued in New York in October 2015, this comprehensive document is intended for policy makers, clinicans, and managers who deal with distribution, implemention, and patient-related issues in the use of PrEP.
The document includes a Pre-Prescription Assessment Checklist which encourages the clinician to ask several important questions of the patient before prescribing PrEP and also includes a Patient Education Checklist, so that the service provider can be sure that all of the important information points were discussed with the patient. There are also guidelines for risk-reduction counseling
- Oral Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis- Questions and Answers
- Guidance for Providing Informed-Choice Counseling on Sexual Health for Women Interested in PrEP: Kenya and South Africa
- Joint WHO/ILO Guidelines on Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) to Prevent HIV Infection
- Promoting the Health of Men who Have Sex with Men Worldwide: A Training Curriculum for Providers
- Engaging Men in HIV and AIDS at the Service Delivery Level