Encouraging Good Hygiene and Sanitation: A PILLARS Guide
This Guide helps communities to consider improving their lifestyle to reduce disease and infection. Promoting effective and low-cost sanitation, encouraging good hygiene and improving access to clean water supplies helps people to live healthier lives. Young children and babies are particularly at risk of infection and disease from poor sanitation, poor hygiene practices and dirty water.
Many childhood deaths from diarrhea would be prevented if good hygiene was practiced. The Guide helps people to reflect on the particular challenges in their own living situations that make access to effective sanitation and safe water supplies difficult. Low-cost ideas are shared that could be used in most situations, including refugee camps. People are encouraged to discuss and think about beliefs and traditions that may influence personal, household and community hygiene.
- Discussion Cards (Hill, Mountain, Terai)
- Bhanchhin Aama Radio Discussion Group Comic Book Phase-III
- WASH-HIV Integration Counselling Cards for Community Health Workers [Kenya]
- Enjoy Life ICCM [Flipchart]
- Familia Sana Sin Diarreas, Con Agua Clorada, Latrinas y Manos Limpias (Diarrhea Prevention Reminder Card)